We make products that matter. We respect a triple bottom line and partner for the long term with great people and companies to ship game-changing products and ventures. Our goal? To create products that people love.
Neon is growing and we’re looking for amazing people to join our team. If you’re great at what you do, want to work with the best, and care deeply about making products that matter, we’d love to meet you.
Senior Product Strategist
Vancouver, Canada | Full-time
You are a product strategist who is passionate about user behaviour, curious about the world around you and are at the forefront of new thinking and techniques. You have deep experience in creating first of its kind products and solving for compelling future state visions and complex problems. You ask the right questions to the right people and can seamlessly navigate ideas from 100,000’ to 30,000’ to 6’ in order to bring our partners’ vision to reality, sometimes in a way they hadn’t even thought of yet.
What sets you apart is your ability to not only formulate big picture ideas but deliver a product roadmap anchored in data and testing that can win in market. You are a detective who creates new and exciting products that matter and creatively bridges the gap between innovation and action. Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team you will help to develop innovative product and service concepts that will add real value.
- Work with partners and help to define whitespace, opportunities, user insights, market research, product roadmap, and ultimately a winning product strategy
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative research that helps strategically frame, validate or challenge other forms of research
- Identify insights from customer research and market analysis
- Bring your research to life through personas, customer journeys, insight-opportunity frameworks, system maps, stories and scenarios
- Facilitate multidisciplinary workshops, meetings and strategy sessions and contribute your ideas
- Solve partner problems using appropriate frameworks, tools, and approaches
- Contribute to a collaborative work environment focused on idea meritocracy
- Work closely with other functional teams within Neon to promote a strategy that is well-rounded and considerate of the entire product offering
- Help define KPIs that matter to optimize financial health and wellbeing of the product
Skills and Competencies:
- You have created and shipped a wide variety of diverse and complex B2C and B2B products
- You are endlessly curious -- uncovering complex problems and opportunities
- You are wildly creative, coming up with a variety of hypotheses and willing to validate them to find the one that sticks
- You excel at creating and presenting compelling slide decks of your insights, findings, and resulting recommendations
- You are flexible and collaborative; open and excited to hear different perspectives, ideas and ways of doing things
- You’re great at diving into the details and separating the signal from the noise
- You have a deep understanding of both business and product strategy
- You consider and have a strong understanding of all functional areas of business including design, engineering, finance and marketing
- You are constantly learning and prioritize staying on top of new products, designs, trends, technology, business and strategy
We’re big believers in empowering our team to do their best work by offering:
- Competitive salary and benefits plan
- Health Care Spending Account
- Wellness program
- RRSP matching
- Beautiful offices in downtown Vancouver, featuring bright, open-plan workspaces
- Partnerships with interesting and engaging clients who align with our values
- Fun and collaborative work environment with a focus on growth