We make products that matter. We respect a triple bottom line and partner for the long term with great people and companies to ship game-changing products and ventures. Our goal? To create products that people love.
Neon is growing and we’re looking for amazing people to join our team. If you’re great at what you do, want to work with the best, and care deeply about making products that matter, we’d love to meet you.
Vancouver, Canada | Full-time
As our Business Analyst, reporting to the COO, you will work in collaboration with Neon’s cross-functional teams to combine user stories and needs with data to identify a compelling path forward for product and venture creation. You’ll develop new business processes and drive organizational change for net-new products and ventures, working across a spectrum of industries and partners ranging from mission-driven start-ups to Fortune 500 companies.
You’ll be accountable for product and business outcomes and establishing a deep understanding of all users. You’ll think creatively about financial impacts, risks, technology, data, and user experience and will communicate with stakeholders, and gather requirements. You make sense of these requirements in order to ensure that end products solve business and user problems.
What you’ll be doing:
- Define use cases and user stories for net-new products
- Communicate the urgency, value, benefit, and risk of proposed requirements
- Elicit, analyze, document, and manage business, user, technical and functional requirements
- Assist Partners and Strategy in producing the product road map
- Lead discovery and requirement review sessions with Partners and internal stakeholders
- Maintain trusted relationships with Partners and internal stakeholders: Strategy, Design, Delivery, and Development
- Participate in user acceptance testing and validation of product features
- Prioritize product backlog and business requirements
- Play an active role in sprint reviews and plans
- Provide expertise in 3rd party vendor selection and relationship management
- Bridge the communication gap between user and business needs and the delivery team’s understanding of the requirements
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have proven experience as a Business Analyst in a similar role, supporting multiple products and/or ventures.
- You have basic knowledge of servers, databases, and client-side technology, with solid logical, systems-thinking.
- You thrive in ambiguous situations and can pivot on a dime.
- You understand the real business need. You are exceptional at defining requirements and designing solutions and can dissect how and why the solution worked out.
- You blend business acumen across the following areas: Digital, Marketing (Product or Brand), Product Development, Organizational Behavior, Operations, and/or Finance.
- You are an excellent communicator, both written and in person.
- You have experience launching a digital product from inception to launch.
- You are a proven problem solver. You ask the right questions to discover the true needs of our Partners and the users of the products we're building for them.
We’re big believers in empowering our team to do their best work by offering:
- Competitive salary and benefits plan
- Health Care Spending Account
- Wellness program
- RRSP matching
- Beautiful new offices in downtown Vancouver, featuring bright, open-plan workspaces
- Partnerships with interesting and engaging partners who align with our values
- Fun and collaborative work environment with a focus on growth