We make products that matter. We respect a triple bottom line and partner for the long term with great people and companies. Our team can take a rough idea and ship a game-changing product. Our goal? To create products that people love.
Neon is growing and we’re looking for amazing people to join our team. If you’re great at what you do, want to work with the best, and care deeply about making products that matter, we’d love to meet you.
Vancouver, Canada | Full-time
As our first QA Developer, reporting to the Lead Architect, you will work with Developers, Designers, Project Managers and other key members of our team to develop, document, improve and implement standard methodology & SQA (Software Quality Assurance) processes. You will be embedded in the scoping, planning, creation, and building of product features with the purpose of building a more cohesive product team.
In the role, you will be Neon’s evangelist for quality, relating everything back to the end-user. You will be responsible for developing test strategies, automation, and executing test cases for a variety of digital products to ensure product functionality. You will make sure that our products meet A+ standards.
What you’ll be doing:
- Oversee the QA test case creation process and conduct review sessions with, Developers, Designers and Project Managers to discuss test cases
- Communicate regularly with Developers to understand their production cadence and work-style
- Review business rules and functionality documents (including flowcharts and user stories) to understand new features and serve as the initial step to creating new test cases
- Create and run manual and automated test scripts to thoroughly test new system features, new applications, and regression testing using multiple browsers
- Actively participate in daily standups, sprint planning & review, retrospect meetings, and Partner meetings to become a domain expert
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have 2+ years of experience in automated testing software, databases, and/or digital solutions.
- You can translate complex business requirements into detailed test cases.
- You are naturally curious and empathetic. You have a multifaceted approach to quality and an understanding that digital products have users at different intersections of the product.
- You have knowledge of agile methodologies and testing web apps and digital products.
- You are familiar with testing responsive websites across multiple browsers.
- You thrive in ambiguous situations and can pivot on a dime.
- You are collaborative. You care about helping the team build the best product and user experience we can alongside our partners.
- Experience working with React applications is a plus.
We’re big believers in empowering our team to do their best work by offering:
- Competitive salary and benefits plan
- Health Care Spending Account
- Wellness program
- RRSP matching
- Beautiful new offices in downtown Vancouver, featuring bright, open-plan workspaces
- Partnerships with interesting and engaging partners who align with our values
- Fun and collaborative work environment with a focus on growth